Wednesday 26 August 2009

Poetry corner

I was reading the local rag today and found this treasure on the letters page. Prepared to be moved!

Rainy days cut son's stay short

My son came on a visit from Oz

He did not stay long here becoz

it rained and rained,he went off the track

called at Thailand on his way back.

Said it was much better there

said in Thailand rain was rare

he's back in Oz now soon be

No mozzies, no roaches, everything

It hibanates or does not appear

till later on in the Ozzie year

out come the spiders the ones that bite

I drown them in spray they give me a fright

My son swears they saw one in his car

braked with a jolt, and found the spid-ar

set off driving to their abode

saw the spider walking down the middle of the road.

Maureen Taylor, Vicar Lane, Woodhouse

Taken from here

No comments:

Post a Comment