Friday 3 July 2009

London calling

Sat in the sweltering carriage and the peaceful hum of shuffling newspapers, buzzing tinny earphones and the sniffles of hay fever sufferers is broken by the booming ring tone of a smart looking businessman in front of me. Instead of wanting to smash his iphone over his shining sweat beaded skull, I quite enjoy it. His ring tone is The Clash classic London Calling. This moment of punk induced pleasure came to a swift end when I realised that the reason for the choice of song was it was actually London calling him - someone from his London office.

I'm against this mixture of business and pleasure. Now every time that bloke is out and hears that song surely he is going to be mentally catapulted back into the office, back to the stress, board meetings and lunch on the go. My ring tone is a generic splutter and that is how its going to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment