Wednesday 8 July 2009

Morning paranoia

Every day as I make my way to work, I pass this mildly attractive blond and every day she laughs in my face.

On sighting me she suppresses the hilarity that is clearly wriggling through her torso but as we approach one another and get closer, my tired drooping features are too much and she let's out a thudding guffaw.

That was until today. It was time to fight back. I will no longer be a victim of this daily giggle barrage, this periodic cackle. I will not got quietly into the Morning. I will make a stand.

As we passed today, I played dumb. I let her think I was the easy target of an easy snigger. But just as she was going to strike, I let out a sonic boom laugh of such force that my shoes were still vibrating hours later. The laugh was summoned from the very bottom of my early morning guts and forcefully flew right into her moderately attractive unremarkable face.

The arse looked at me like I was a complete loon, like I was the one who was somehow weird.

I'm walking a different way to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment